6.4.2010 at 15:24
 Driver Rumour Round-Up - 2011 Season

All the rumours of who'll be where in 2011...

Confirmed positions:

No. Team Engine Driver 1 Driver 2 Reserve Driver 
1-2 Red Bull Racing Renault Sebastian Vettel Mark Webber  
3-4 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Jenson Button  
5-6 Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro Ferrari Fernando Alonso Felipe Massa Jules Bianchi 
7-8 Mercedes GP Petronas Mercedes Michael Schumacher Nico Rosberg  
9-10 Lotus Renault GP Renault Robert Kubica Vitaly Petrov  
11-12 AT&T Williams Cosworth Rubens Barrichello Pastor Maldonado Valtteri Bottas 
14-15 Force India F1 Team Mercedes    
16-17 Sauber F1 Team Ferrari Kamui Kobayashi Sergio Perez Esteban Gutiérrez 
18-19 Scuderia Toro Rosso Ferrari   Daniel Ricciardo 
20-21 Team Lotus Renault Jarno Trulli Heikki Kovalainen  
22-23 HRT F1 Team Cosworth    
24-25 Marussia Virgin Racing Cosworth Timo Glock Jerome D'Ambrosio  

9.4.2010 at 07:16
 Re: Driver Rumour Round-Up - 2011 Season

Massa is reportedly on the brink of a three year extension to his Ferrari contract.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/04/ ... rari-deal/

It would be deserved and a period of stability would benefit Ferrari.

But so much for chasing Vettel?

9.4.2010 at 08:00

Maverick said:
Massa is reportedly on the brink of a three year extension to his Ferrari contract.

Thoroughly deserved if he gets it. 8-)

9.4.2010 at 09:35

Maverick said:

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/04/ ... rari-deal/

It would be deserved and a period of stability would benefit Ferrari.

But so much for chasing Vettel?

I was hearing a one year extension after Australia, but a week after I heard Kubica was their main target. The second rumour was probably a rebound of Kubica's fantastic performances in the opening races. Vettel won't leave Red Bull for the foreseeable future. They are producing fast cars. Why leave? And he has a challenge next season with Kimi as his team mate... :WHISTLE:

Where does this leave Bianchi? If he wins the GP2 title this year he can't do GP2 again. Sauber?

9.4.2010 at 10:08

kimster said:
Vettel won't leave Red Bull for the foreseeable future. They are producing fast cars. Why leave?

On the face of it I agree with you completely. He is fast, and the car is fast. The team love him, he loves the team, and there does not appear to be any politics going on, which is a great testament to Christian Horner.

But allow me to play Devil's Advocate - what about their reliability situation?

Imagine if you were getting loads of pole positions, say 2 out of 3 races (so the speed was definitely there) but finish just a handful of those races because the car repeatedly had failures, say 2 out of 3 races.
All the while your rivals continually scored solid points/podiums/victories because they actually got to the chequered flag, and you were (relatively) low down in the championship table. What would you do?

An extreme situation I admit, but could that be the story of Red Bull's 2010 season?

9.4.2010 at 12:36

Pitmonster said:

An extreme situation I admit, but could that be the story of Red Bull's 2010 season?

Shades of 2009 ?

9.4.2010 at 12:36

I think you have to look at the cause of the 2 failures. Spark Plug and front torque driver. Not really serious issues are they? Could Alonso be frustrated by using 4 engines in as many races. (ie. He will likely be on engine 4 in China I think). Would Alonso leave Ferrari? Why aren't we hearing those rumours? Because the media pick and choose which drivers they start rumours on. I think the media was part of the reason Kimi left Ferrari. Ferrari are very image concious and they were getting a lot of negative press from Raikkonen. But anyway back to the topic I don't think you can say that Vettel would be angry at the team. Vettel snubbed Ferrari last summer, and Ferrari don't like being rejected, which is the reason Alonso never joined Ferrari until Jean Todt left, because he snubbed them in 2001.

Well Vettel has had reliability issues in 2 of 3 races and lies 2 points of the lead. The speed is there and that is the most important thing. Question is has this suspension clarification changed the pecking order?

15.4.2010 at 11:29

Maverick said:

"Massa in no rush to sort Ferrari contract" http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82880
Quote:
Felipe Massa says he is in no hurry to sort his contract situation with Ferrari, insisting he is focusing on the championship.
The Brazilian's current deal ends at the end of this season, and there have been rumours that Ferrari is interested in signing Renault's Robert Kubica to partner Fernando Alonso from next year.
But Massa says he is very calm about the situation, and prefers to focus on the racing for the time being.

Is he secure that a deal will be done, or being foolish?

18.4.2010 at 13:24

Rumour going round that Brendon Hartley is being looked at as a potential replacement for Vitaly Petrov should Renault feel Petrov is not what they want next season. No doubt that rumour will be silenced after a good drive by Petrov to 7th place today.

19.4.2010 at 17:40

A rumour today that Sauber is fed up of Pedro De La Rosa and are going to replace him with Pastor Maldonado. To be honest I don't see what he is doing wrong, considering Kobayashi isn't exactly performing. The only reason I see Maldonado taking Pedro's place is that Sauber lack sponsors and funds. Maldonado comes with around $10 million backing from Venezuelan oil companies. De La Rosa brought little to nothing, well so did Kobayashi (although there were rumours he was bringing the sponsor deal with Panasonic with him, but that seems to have failed to materialise). Doesn't seem the most credible story. Quiet day at the office?

19.4.2010 at 17:52

kimster said:
A rumour today that Sauber is fed up of Pedro De La Rosa and are going to replace him with Pastor Maldonado.

I think the team are letting the drivers down and not the other way around.

19.4.2010 at 20:12

kimster said:
A rumour today that Sauber is fed up of Pedro De La Rosa and are going to replace him with Pastor Maldonado... Maldonado comes with around $10 million backing

If I hear another "comes with around $10 million backing" I think I'll explode. :grump:

19.4.2010 at 20:15

Christian Klien comes with around $10 million backing - the bookmakers couldn't believe their luck when str8 walked in and placed that bet!

19.4.2010 at 20:55

Maverick said:
Christian Klien comes with around $10 million backing - the bookmakers couldn't believe their luck when str8 walked in and placed that bet!

:LOL:

Kimi to Red Bull, I want to see the guy back in F1 as its kinda boring without him

19.4.2010 at 21:00

Aerodynamics said:
Maverick said:

:LOL:

Kimi to Red Bull, I want to see the guy back in F1 as its kinda boring without him

Thank you Aero nice to see someone who wants Kimi back :-O

Though I thought F1 was boring with him :SOMERSAULT

13.5.2010 at 15:54

James Allen has hinted that Ferrari are tracking Mark Webber to replace Felipe Massa next season. One win can change everything?

Bookmark and Share   Post new topic Reply to topic