The F1 Quiz – Brazil
The final race of the 2011 season approaches and what better place to end the year than at the much loved Autódromo José Carlos Pace, home of the Brazilian Grand Prix. Although both driver’s and constructor’s championships were decided several weeks ago Brazil has played host to many epic battles and memorable moments … how much do you remember about them?
1. Felipe Massa won here in 2008 but which driver did the conspiracy theorists blame for depriving him of the driver’s championship?
2. Rubens Barrichello is competing in his 19th Brazilian GP this weekend but what’s the highest place finish he has made at his home GP?
3. In which year did Brazil last host the opening event of the F1 season and which driver won the race?
4. In 2000, a safety hoarding fell onto the track narrowly missing which driver?
5. Brazil has decided the driver’s world championship on several occasions, name the drivers who have secured their titles here.
6. Why was the 54th lap important at the 2003 grand prix?
7. Pele famously waved the chequered flag at the wrong driver at the end of the 2002 race. Which driver was first to pass the flag?
8. Which driver stood in for Nigel Mansell in the 1995 race because the McLaren cockpit was too small to accommodate the British driver?
9. Which Constructor has won the most races in Brazil?
10. Apart from Interlagos, which other circuit has hosted the Brazilian GP?
2. 3rd place at the 2004 race driving for Ferrari. Rubens has retired from his home GP on 11 of 18 races.
3. 1995, Michael Schumacher.
4. Jean Alesi.
5. 5 times, Alonso 2005 & 2006, Raikkonen 2007, Hamilton 2008 and Button 2009.
6. The race was red flagged on lap 56 meaning that the winner was decided on lap 54. The original race “winner” Kimi Raikkonen was later demoted to second and the win handed to Giancarlo Fisichella.
7. Takumo Sato.
8. Mark Blundell.
9. McLaren, they have won here 11 times.
10. Jacarepaguá Circuit now known as the Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet.
Photos: Red Bull Racing/Clive Mason/Getty Images | Renault/Andrew Ferraro/LAT Photographic