The F1 Quiz – China
The beautiful Shanghai International Circuit plays host to this weekend’s Grands Prix; always an exciting circuit in the wet, last year’s event showed it can be entertaining in the dry too. Since there have only been eight previous races you don’t have to look too far back in your memory for answers to the following 10 questions… how many of these events do you remember?
1. Which driver lost both front wheels when his suspension broke during free practice in 2010?
2. Who pulled into the wrong pit box at last years’ race?
3. Four drivers have won the race from pole position but what’s the highest grid position a driver has won from?
4. Nick Heidfeld’s race ended prematurely after a crash in 2006. Heidfeld berated Sakon Yamamoto for the collision but he was not to blame, who was?
5. All six world champions taking part in 2012 have won this race, who is the only other driver to have been victorious?
6. Which driver announced his immediate retirement from racing after completing in the 2007 race?
7. Why did confusion reign during the podium ceremony for the 2009 race?
8. Which driver was penalised for jump starting the 2010 race ?
9. Mark Webber took the final podium position in last year’s race but what was his starting position?
10. Jarno Trulli lost his seat at Renault to this driver in 2004, who replaced him?
2. Jenson Button who pulled into Red Bull’s pit box
3. Michael Schumacher won from 6th place in 2006
4. Takumo Sata
5. Rubens Barrichello, 2004
6. Alexander Wurz
7. Organisers mistakenly played the British national anthem instead of the Austrian national anthem after Sebastian Vettel’s victory
8. Fernando Alonso
10. Jacques Villeneuve
Photos: Virgin Racing | Hispania Racing F1 Team