The F1 Quiz – Malaysia
I have a soft spot for the Malaysian Grand Prix – the long straights and sweeping bends have produced some great races and drama since it joined the calendar back in 1999 and that’s when it manages to remain dry. Here’s ten questions for you on past Malaysian Grand Prix … how much do you remember about them?
1. Since last year, what has the race been known as?
2. In 1999, which team were disqualified only to be reinstated after appealing the decision?
3. Which team had to prove to the FIA that their cars were safe to race following an accident in qualifying for the 2008 race?
4. In 2009 the race was red flagged after 31 laps and half points awarded. To award full points, what percentage of the race needs to have been completed?
5. Jenson Button won the shortened 2009 race but who led for the first 15 laps?
6. Which driver was victorious in 2002’s Malaysian Grand Prix?
7. What is the roof of the Sepang International Circuit grandstand built to resemble?
8. Of the six World Champions due to line up on the grid this weekend, only one has failed to win in Malaysia. Who?
9. The 2003 saw two notable milestones. Who claimed their first pole position and who took their maiden Formula One victory?
10. What tyre innovation was introduced at the 2007 event?
2. Ferrari due to an infringement on their bargeboards
3. Red Bull, after David Coulthard’s suspension failed
5. Nico Rosberg
6. Ralf, that’s Ralf Schumacher
7. A hibiscus flower (half points for just ‘a flower’)
8. Lewis Hamilton
9. Fernando Alonso was on pole but Kimi Raikkonen won the race
10. A white stripe to differentiate the two tyre compounds (at the previous race they had applied a single white spot)